[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mario <danidar at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: IAS and M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:24:14 +0100
Hello my problem is that I need to authenticate users that connect to the
internet using radius which is installed in a windows 2k3 domain controller.
I really don't know how to configure m0n0wall to go and authenticate the
user with the radius server.
I have installed IAS added a radius client with the ip address of the lan
interface
I have set up the portal interface in a separate OPT NIC i named it PORTAL
 i gave it as address x.x.11.1 /24
I don't know in which segment should I place the domain controller with the
radius server. so far it's on the 192.168.30.254/24
in captive portal configuration I have given this address when asked for
radius server IP address...
do I have to add a route or 'pinhole' to the network segment in which the
portal is in to the segment where the domain controller is..
if i set 'no authentication' in captive portal i can get to the internet. if
i set authentication I get failure over failure. I really don' t know what
to do and I really would love your help.
thank you ver much
Mario