[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  VinceV <vpv at ak7 dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Keyboard - NO
 Date:  Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:32:44 -0800
Quoting Toni <bsd underscore ml at tiveron dot net>:

Section 5 of the linked page describes the process used to determine where the
console will go.
"Use either the -P option to select the console automatically, or the -h option
to activate the serial console."

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html

Setting up a new M0n0 can be a challenge if you don't have a monitor and
keyboard handy.  With this mod I can place the box on site, connect a serial
cable to the M0n0 and my laptop, and I can set up the device.  No need to lug a
monitor and keyboard around.

I sure hope the feature is retained!

VinceV