[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: invalid slice
 Date:  Fri, 9 Mar 2007 18:45:23 -0500
On 3/8/07, David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I'm very unfamiliar with most things FreeBSD, so I don't have much
> hope of interpreting the above. Any idea why this won't boot? What I
> might do to get it to boot?

This isn't going to be a huge help, but since nobody else seems to
have a clue I'll offer my thought.  I'm guessing this is a general
booting from USB stick problem. Some USB sticks aren't easy to make
bootable. I've briefly looked into it before, but never in much detail
so I can't be of much help as to specifically why this is, I just know
that's the case. I would suggest searching on general information on
booting from USB sticks (not m0n0wall or FreeBSD specific), you may
find help that way.

-Chris