[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.23 released
 Date:  Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:12:58 -0600
Hey,
This is great news. For those of us that use m0n0wall for mission
critical firewalls, the time and effort to build a stable release is
more than greatly appreciated. It may be the end of the 4.X FreeBSD
series, but being it's been so rock solid for me, things can only get
better from here. I look forward to the FreeBSD 6.X series, as much as I
love to buy $10 computers and turn them into rock solid
firewalls/routers with m0n0wall it's time to move on. But that certainly
doesn't mean the 4.X series of m0n0wall won't be useful for years to
come, it's still the best firewall/router software that I've ever had
the pleasure of working with.

Keep up the great work Manuel and all the others that put hard work and
time into this great project! We all support you!

Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Hello m0n0wall users,
>
> Finally, almost a year after the last stable release in the 1.2x
> branch, m0n0wall 1.23 is out. Changes since 1.23b4 have been minimal,
> and so it is expected that 1.23 will be a stable release for use by
> those who currently run 1.22 and don't need the features of 1.3b
> (most notably better support for new hardware thanks to FreeBSD 6),
> or those who run m0n0wall on embedded hardware or simply want a
> stable firewall.
>
> 1.23 marks the end of development on the FreeBSD 4.x based version of
> m0n0wall - there will only be maintenance releases in the 1.23 branch
> if critical bugs are found.
>
> Get m0n0wall 1.23 at:
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads.php
>
> Regards,
>
> Manuel
moz-screenshot-2.jpg (11.3 KB, image/jpeg)