[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Apply rules against IPsec Tunnels
 Date:  Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:25:12 -0000
Hello,

Last year I had a play around with this and produced a test version of
m0n0wall 1.21 that allowed you to filter traffic from IPSEC tunnels.
m0n0wall works on the principal that the firewall rules are applied to an
interface inbound, and everything is passed outbound (since its already
filtered).

However, with IPSEC traffic, encrypted traffic is passed in and then the
decrypted traffic passes out without further inspection. In my test version
I added an option that allowed you to apply the rule outbound instead of
inbound, effectively allowing you to filter IPSEC traffic.

If this is something that may interest anyone I'll see if I can create a
version based on the 1.23 image.

Kris.