[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fredrik_=D6stergren_-_IT-Kontakt_AB?= <fredrik dot ostergren at itkontakt dot se>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  traffic shaping + vlan + bridged WAN
 Date:  Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:30:35 +0100
Hello!

We are using m0n0wall at our office here and was now trying to fix a
solution like this :

This works perfectly when using internal ip-addresses and outbound NAT but
not when using a WAN-bridge.

PC got two NICs, one WAN and one LAN. LAN supports VLAN tagging.=20 M0n0
version is beta-version 1.3b2.

We make a vlan called DMZ, assign it to the LAN interface, and bridge that
VLAN with WAN-interface. We receive an IP from the DHCP server at the  WAN
side, we can pass traffic along and use the bandwith at 100%, no problems
here (since FreeBSD 6.x).

But when we try to put a traffic shaping pipe at the VLAN interface (DMZ) we

Filtering bridge is on under Advanced tab, we use outbound NAT and allow all
traffic.

Isn't this solution working at vlan (DMZ) or does it only work at the WAN
interface thanks to the bridge?

I also tried to put it on the WAN interface and use DMZ subnet, no luck.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

/ Fredrik