[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roberto Greiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Config change in login.conf
 Date:  Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:28:06 -0300
Hi,

I've been running monowall for some time (about a year) in a moderate
sized network (about 100 concurrent users), and would like to suggest a
small change to increase monowall's stability. We've had quite a few
freezes in our server because of memory core dumps. The problem is that
the monowall image has no space for those dumps, so each time it filled
our / and froze the system. To avoid that I've modified a single line in
the /etc/login.conf image we install. Just changing

coredumpsize=unlimited:\
coredumpsize=0:\

solved our problem. Since a core dump doesn't fit in monowall's /
anyway, wouldn't it be interesting to make this change in the official
image?

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for the great system.

Marcos Roberto Greiner

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy