[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael" <zlinda1002 at cox dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bandwidth loss with 1.3X m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:53:37 -0700
I tried an experiment I loaded the latest version of pfSense onto my WRAP
v1.11BIOS platform then I did some bandwidth tests.
The tests confirmed and surprised me at the same time. While I expected the
CPU usage to be near the top end, I did not expect to attain full bandwidth
of 12.1Mbps.

That raises some questions for me because I like m0n0wall far better on this
platform but for some reason m0n0wall 1.3x (which uses the same version of
FreeBSD that pfSense does) cannot come close to keeping up with the traffic.
Why is this? They both use the same version of FreeBSD 6.X. Yet I lose
nearly 4Mbps with m0n0wall's latest version.

http://zambonfamily.com

6:53 PM