[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 
 From:  "Kjetil" <kjetil at getashell dot com>
 To:  "Michael" <zlinda1002 at cox dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.23 on WRAP 1E-2, lose connection on LAN when connecting WAN
 Date:  Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:52:10 +0100 (CET)
> Go into Interfaces within Status, can you tell us if there is a IP address
> assigned and a Gateway IP?
>
Yes. IP address and GW address have been assigned.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: kjetil at getashell dot com [mailto:kjetil at getashell dot com]
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 1:37 PM
> To: Michael
> Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] 1.23 on WRAP 1E-2, lose connection on LAN when
> connecting WAN
>
>> What modem? You mean the router/firewall/m0n0?
> SNE2000G-S (SDSL modem)
>
>> So what subnet is your LAN on 192.169.1.0/24?
> 192.168.1.1/24 (default by m0n0wall)
>
>> WAN is probably set to DHCP which is fine.
> WAN is set to DHCP by default, but I have static. I have tried to change
> with correct values. Internet is working as I am connected to it right now
> only directly and _not_ through m0n0wall.
>
>> Have you read the FAQ in the m0n0wall manual to troubleshoot? There is a
>> nice flowchart that helps with minor problems.
> Yes. I have read through the manual and FAQ a couple of times and can't
> seem to identify my problem there.
>
>> Make sure your PC that is connected to the router's LAN port is within
>> the
>> same subnet of the LAN port.
> PC is connected within the same subnet of the LAN port. I can ping
> m0n0wall  and connect to it just fine when ONLY the LAN is connected to
> the WRAP board.
>
> However as soon as I connect the SNE2000G-S (SDSL modem) to WAN my WRAP
> stop responding on LAN.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: kjetil at getashell dot com [mailto:kjetil at getashell dot com]
>> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 12:15 PM
>> To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>> Subject: [m0n0wall] 1.23 on WRAP 1E-2, lose connection on LAN when
>> connecting WAN
>>
>> Runing m0n0wall 1.23 with default settings on WRAP 1E-2, 3LAN board.
>> * LAN (sis0) default
>> * WAN (sis1) default
>> * OPT (sis2)
>>
>> After booting m0n0wall I can connect to the webGUI just fine. As soon as
>> I
>> connect the modem to the WAN, I can no longer ping or connect to the
>> firewall through LAN.
>>
>> Link light is on, cables have been checked and they are working.
>>
>> If you need more details I will be happy to provide.
>> Kjetil
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>>
>> --
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.8/716 - Release Date: 3/9/2007
>> 6:53 PM
>>
>>
>> --
>> No virus found in this outgoing message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.8/716 - Release Date: 3/9/2007
>> 6:53 PM
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.8/716 - Release Date: 3/9/2007
> 6:53 PM
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.8/716 - Release Date: 3/9/2007
> 6:53 PM
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>
>