[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jukka Ruotsalainen <jukka dot ruotsalainen at cs dot helsinki dot fi>
 To:  Jerome Keating <jerome at keating dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] question/problem - too many connections?
 Date:  Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:00:13 +0200
> Quick info about my setup (didnt want to post the whole status page)
> - I don't use any advanced features - just some very basic traffic shaping
> rules, some firewall rules, some static DHCP mappings, but for the most part
> the settings are all default. Internet is cable 6M/800K dhcp. the system is
> a pentium II or something - there's never more than 1% cpu usage and memory
> is always around 12% used - it's on a 128MB CF, version 1.22.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Jerome

Do you use traffic shaping, if you don't you should
Mainly problem is that torrent consumes all your upload and lefts no
space for http/tcp ack packets..

I'm, running 50 users and 8/1 adsl and it works fine, if you use good
and carefully planned traffic shaping. No matter how much upload traffic
on bittorrent, the http traffic and websurffing is more important. It
also prevents one user to "steal" all bandwith... All this happens
dynamically..

So in my point of view, all upload is consumed by p2p, but all surfing
happens still smothly...

Jukka