[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "cyber nat" <cybernat at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dual WAN
 Date:  Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:07:02 +0800
Hi all,

This is my setup.

Site A monowall_A1, internet connection very stable. never goes down:

WAN ip: 60.60.49.238 (static, one public IP only)
LAN IP: 172.18.24.205
OPT1 - not configured

Site B has 2 monowalls with both of them LAN port connected to a same
switch:

monowall_B1:

WAN IP: 202.188.5.186 (static, one public IP only)
LAN IP: 192.168.0.1
OPT1 - not configured

monowall_B2:

WAN IP: 60.38.60.100.94 (static, one public IP only)
LAN IP: 192.168.0.2
OPT1 - not configured

I've created an site-to-site IPSEC tunnel from Site B to Site A:
(monowall_B1 <---> monowall_A1)

Users in Site B will be able to access servers in Site A thru the
tunnel(default gateway is 192.168.0.1)

Whenever an internet connection on monowall_B1 goes down, I'll manually
switch the tunnel to (monowall_B2 <---> monowall_A1)
Users will change their pc gateway to 192.168.0.2 and they be able to access
servers in Site A again.

Please point me to a documentation on how to do failover on my current setup
of Site B. Manually switching the tunnel is very tedious.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.