[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Harald Fuchs" <harald dot fuchs at tribun dot at>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall 1.23 quits connection
 Date:  Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:14:43 +0100
Hi,

after upgrading from 1.22 to 1.23 I am experiencing connection aborts. For
the first time it happened when I was online chatting with skype when skype
suddenly went offline for some seconds. After some minutes the same break
occured again. Later I discovered that the same event happened when browsing
the Web (pages suddenly stopped loading). After a reload it worked again for
about 10 minutes. I realized that setting "Idle timeout" from my default
value of 10 minutes to 0 in the WAN configuration eliminates the problem
(but that's no satisfying solution since I need to go offline autmatically
when the connection is not needed).

I also tried to download some Linux ISO images (using wget) from different
servers. Again, when I set "Idle timeout" for example to 600 seconds, after
10 minutes the connection breaks and wget stops working until I stop/restart
it. When deactivating idle timeout the download works as expected.

When downgrading m0n0wall (tested with 1.21 and 1.22) my router works
without problems. The connection stays online during my download tests
mentioned before. It then goes offline just when there is no outgoing
traffic just as expected.

My WAN connection is build using PPPOE. I am using a WRAP board.

Bye,
Harald