[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mito Tranin" <mito dot im at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DHCP Relay wont work!?
 Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:57:54 -0400
I have been unable to get DHCP relay to work, and am not sure why.

I have looked through the posts a lot, but have been unable to find a
solution that works, and am willing to try anything.

I am setting up what amounts to a mobile office, and I need the users to be
able to have the same IP addresses as they would have if they were inside
the office itself.  This is working perfectly simply using PPTP VPN, except
that they need to have a networked printer.  Unless anyone knows of a
JetDirect type product out there that has PPTP VPN abilities, that means I
need to use a Site-2-Site VPN.  I have setup a monowall to monowall
site-2-site and it is working great, but I can't get the DHCP passthrough to
work on it.

I have tried setting up a static route on the remote monowall to point to
the inside address as suggested in these lists somewhere, but that didn't do
any good, a traceroute shows that it goes to the internal IP and then sits
there not knowing where to go next.  I really don't know what else to try,
and I need to get it working in a hurry.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd
love to hear them!

Thanks!

Mito