[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jomar McDonald" <JMcDonald at aidschicago dot org>
 To:  "krt" <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ATA drivers differences between FreeBSD 4.11 and 6.2?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:46:46 -0500
I've tried disabling DMA at the login prompt for both disk and atapi
devices and it does force PIO on the cdrom but still does not pick up
the microdrive.  I began to think that maybe it's the CF reader because
I was able to write the microdrive fine with my CF reader in my home PC.
Both m0n0 1.22, 1.3b2 and pfsense 1.01 are able to boot and pick up the
microdrive fine on my home PC using the built in CF reader.

But what's confusing is that the CF reader here at work does pick up the
microdrive using m0n0 1.22 but doesn't with anything freebsd 6.x based
which makes me think maybe its not really the reader, but some kind of
driver or timing issue?  I would have tried replacing the CF reader in
the server here but it has very limited power options so I'm trying to
come up with some kind of quick fix.

Thanks

Jomar