[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Need to make a m0n0wall disappear
 Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:53:34 -0500
Ron Carter wrote:
> My wife has requested that our M0n0Wall box disappear.  She states
 > that it is in the way.  And is a hazard to the 14 month old whom is
 > just startingt to walk.  Has anyone got any suggestions on a small
 > foot print case that I could use or a suggestion on how to take a
 > old giga pro system board and turn it in something small.  I have 4
 > interfaces now but can down size to two it need be.

I love the Via EPIA systems.

System board    $115
http://www.directron.com/epia800.html
Memory 128mb    $16
Additional NIC    $5 (Duel or quad port possible)
Small Case    $65
http://www.directron.com/2699r.html
IDE Flash Drive    $18
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS32MDOM40V
Total $219

Now a good quad port nic will set you back a bit more, but this system
has the power to do a lot, and will grow with the new versions.

			Lee