[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Timothy Taylor" <timt at BALLI dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "C. Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network printer across VPN
 Date:  Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:46:58 +0000
Andrew,

Sounds like the remote printer doesn't have the fonts installed. This
could be because the fonts aren't included in the print file and are
expected to be stored on the printer. Depending on the printer
functionality, fonts can be stored: temporarily in memory for the
duration of the job; permanently in memory (although that normally means
until the printer is turned off); permanently on hard disk; or,
permanently on a flash simm of some kind.

Ask the remote site to print off a font list from the front panel to
check the availability of the font (You may be able to telnet in, or
web-browse in to force it remotely yourself). Try sending the font as
part of the print job, or before the print job with it marked for
permanent storage.

Tim

>>> On 13/03/2007 at  3:24 pm, in message
<45F6C24A dot 9020303 at pdqlocks dot com>, "C.