[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Cotter" <andrew dot cotter at somersetcapital dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Need to make a m0n0wall disappear
 Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:32:50 -0400
> Thin client terminal from Devon IT:
>   http://www.devonit.com/terminals/terminals_models_features.php
>   Starting at $149, including flash memory. Based on VIA C3. The one
>   I've seen has a PCI slot to add an extra NIC.
>
> Graham

We use the Devon IT boxes for thin clients and some do have the ability to
add in an extra nic while others do not.  We have done that in the older
boxes (which they do not sell anymore) where we wanted a card that did PXE
boot.  Some models have that ability, others do not, so we added it.

The new version of their $149 box (6040A) does not allow for a nic, but the
older versions (6010 series) I bought a year ago do.  We also have a 6030A
which is fanless, has a pci slot, and is a little more beefy cpu, but is
more like $250.

Personally we use wrap boards for a number of our firewalls and they have
been very good to work with.  We also have been exploring Nokia.  I have an
IP120 sitting on my shelf collecting dust, 2 IP330s sitting in the corner,
and 2 IP350s sitting in the other room in boxes.

Hope that helps!

Andrew