[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holmes, Robert" <Robert dot Holmes at agilysys dot com>
 To:  "Pete Klein" <petek1827 at yahoo dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Radius & PPTP
 Date:  Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:07:42 -0400
I have tried both 40bit and 128bit and it doesn't seem to matter.  The
m0n0wall supports 128-bit just fine with local users, so it's something
funky with Radius that makes it have this issue.  You may be right that
m0n0wall is creating a rule in the background we are not aware of.  I
have a firewall rule that allows PPTP users to go anywhere, which also
works great with local users.  I've dumbed down the client on XP to use
PAP and no encryption, but it doesn't seem to help.

Lee, I am not using Captive Portal.  When I tried it with pfSense too, I
made a very vanilla configuration and it didn't work there either.

Now, for what it's worth, at work I once had a Watchguard Firebox which
is another m0n0wall/Sonicwall/Netscreen type of appliance.  I believe it
ran a very old version of Linux under the hood.  It too had problems
working with my Cisco ACS Radius server.  When I pointed it to a
Microsoft Radius server on Win2003, it worked fine.  Unfortunately, I no
longer have this Firebox to test with.  However, I suppose I could
attempt to point my m0n0wall at that Win2003 Radius server and see if it
works.  I'll try that next.

Thanks!
Robert