[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jukka Ruotsalainen <jukka dot ruotsalainen at cs dot helsinki dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall state table
 Date:  Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:48:20 +0200
Hello!
Running m0n0wall 1.3b2 network with 50 users and 8/1 adsl.
Some bittorrent traffic etc..

I do aggressive traffic shaping and I have reduced tcp timeout to 1
hour, this however causes IM programs to disconnect/reconnect as the
idle program is consisted as "dead".

Also I can't use outbound nat, reason is adsl modem diagnostics, it
seems to fill more state tables than without it...

I do have 256 Mb memory and I would like to increase the state table, is
it possible to have m0n0wall similar setting as pfsense, i would like to
keep m0n0wall as I don't need other features?

m0n0wall takes now 33% of 256 so 171 Mb left, speed is 400 Mhz PII.

So plenty of space for some extra state tables..

Could somebody compile 1.3b2 generic version for big state tables, i
will soon need support for 500-1000 users..

Also hardware will be something like 2 Ghz core duo and 1 Gb memory?
How many state tables I could then support?

How many state table you could put to extra 100 Mb memory?

I'm unable to combile custon image, no experience, maybe i will need to
switch pfsense...

Jukka