[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dean Lester <dclester at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NAT-T and IPSEC VPNs (again...)
 Date:  Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:19:16 -0700 (PDT)
All,
Am interested in trying to figure out a workaround or solution to the NAT-T UDP 500 issue I'm having
similar to previously reported. I recognize this is a recurring theme on this board, and I have done
nearly two days of research and troubleshooting on this topic.

I'm not (currently) trying to set up inbound VPN connections into the m0n0. Just trying to get out
to my corporate IPSEC VPN. Since it is a custom-packaged VPN client, I don't know what the real
underlying VPN client software or what the VPN concentrator is.

I see that the 1.3 beta versions now include support for NAT-T. Currently running 1.3b2, enabled
that feature, and tried again. No luck.

I see Manuel Kasper's post on this subject and temporarily removing the portmap rule.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=253/51 - Tried that, no luck.

Lots of firewall rules explicitly with the source and destination and ports, no luck. Still getting
entries in the firewall log of UDP packets getting blocked.

I have my m0n0 status output file, and can upload or email that upon request.

Other suggestions? Willing to go the distance on troubleshooting this thing, just let me know what
info is needed.

Many thanks,
dean
dclester at yahoo dot com