[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal Issues
 Date:  Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:47:51 -0000
Hi All,

I've started using the captive portal to supply connectivity in meeting
rooms in our managed office building.

We've hit some quite serious issues with the portal though :(

Connectivity to the portal itself is very intermittent, quite often it'll
fail to connect at all, or load just the HTML but not the images. Then when
you try to log in, it'll fail on that connection.

Once you are logged in, it seems to work fine, it's just the connection to
the server on port 8000.

Has anyone seen this, or have any suggestions why it might happen? Are there
any specific firewall rules or accompanying configuritation I should use
with the captive portal?

Thanks,
Adam.