[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] "Installing" mono
 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:45:24 -0000
I'm not entirely convinced that [de|en]coding audio messages would even be
noticed by a 2.16GHz Core Duo processor. I'd guess misconfiguration or
incompatibilities?

Trixbox is ok, but a bit... basic and horrid. It gets very messy when you
trying to manage lots of numbers. Partly because of the horrid asterisk
configuration system.

My current plan for where customers require a local PBX and a firewall is to
use astLinux and m0n0wall on separate WRAP devices. I suppose you could do
the same thing on VMware in a commodity PC. You could even put FreeNAS in
there too! ;)

I would really love someone to take the m0n0 framework and build an
openpbx/asterisk device from it. Any volunteers? :)

Adam.