[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New post regarding 1U monowall servers at fantasyhaven.net
 Date:  Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:27:47 -0500
Tim Nelson wrote:
> Wouldn't it be more logical to add a new category on the shiny new
> -OFFICIAL- m0n0 forum for this purpose? Buyers would have easier access
> to available hardware and sellers would have a better audience than
> (pardon me if I offend...) an obscure forum which gets little to no
> traffic? I've purchased items from other m0n0 users previously and
> enjoyed the opportunity. In all reality, sending Mr. EZ to that forum is
> a quick and easy way to get him to "go away" while choking his
> opportunity to sell good hardware to his target market, a market in
> which many of us may be looking to buy.

An unrelated forum I am on has "Vendor Accounts" that are paid for.
With a Vendor Account you can promote your business, and post sales or
group buys in the special vendor section.  I think this would be good
for m0n0wall.  The cost would pay for the hosting, and any extra could
go to a well deserving project coordinator, or whoever he sees fit.

			Lee