[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Apply rules against IPsec Tunnels
 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:21:28 +0000
Hi,

In message
<21B81F6F07F1F246AAB2E56B42BCD1CA1C146B at sanab12 dot akerbraila dot ro>, Catalin
Epure <catalin dot epure at akeryards dot com> writes
>It would be simply EXCELENT to have such a facility.
>I have to use 2 m0n0 boxes to do this and I'm not happy at all about
>this.
>I've started to to think to look for something else, but after I've read
>this mail I am more confident in the m0n0's future ;-)
>
>Best regards
>Catalin

This is something I'd also be very interested in.  I provide remote
support for a network in a shop.  They also have m0n0wall which I
administer but I would prefer to enforce all the rules on my m0n0wall
that no one else can change, as opposed to theirs that could possibly
change but is unlikely.

It is also something that larger operations need as they can't let their
suppliers have carte blanche access to their entire network.

Would it not be as simple as having an 'inbound' or 'outbound' option
against each rule?  This could be hidden by default and default to
'inbound' but those that need it would be able to enable it.

Just my 2p,

                                Neil.