[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kjetil" <kjetil at getashell dot com>
 To:  kjetil at getashell dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.23 on WRAP 1E-2, lose connection on LAN when connecting WAN
 Date:  Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:47:33 +0100 (CET)
> Runing m0n0wall 1.23 with default settings on WRAP 1E-2, 3LAN board.
> * LAN (sis0) default
> * WAN (sis1) default
> * OPT (sis2)
>
> After booting m0n0wall I can connect to the webGUI just fine. As soon as I
> connect the modem to the WAN, I can no longer ping or connect to the
> firewall through LAN.
>
> Link light is on, cables have been checked and they are working.
>
> If you need more details I will be happy to provide.
> Kjetil

Just thought I would let everyone know the problem have been solved, in
case anyone experience anything similar in the future. The switch was bad.

Double checking all hardware, cables and configurations. Everything turned
out to be working just fine.

Connecting straight to the wrap w/o switch = working.
Using a diffrent switch = working.

I still find it strange how a switch would cause this kind of problem, but
it did.

Kjetil