[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] "Installing" mono
 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:49:51 -0400
On 3/20/07, Timothy Taylor <timt at balli dot co dot uk> wrote:
> I've played with TrixBox under vmware server on my Duo 2.16 laptop and
> it was a bit stuttery with voice messages. This was mentioned elsewhere
> on the web. I never had time to fix it, since I was just playing. You
> may find a more powerful processor or faster disks beneficial.

My guess would be a timing issue. There's no way it was lack of
resources, but timing in VM's can be a huge problem. Even using the
appropriate vendor tools in the VM (VMware tools in this case), on
some systems timekeeping in VM's will be so messed up that certain
applications won't work right.

-Chris