[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Troels_M=E5nsson_Kaspersen?= <troels at maansson dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Boot error on Soekris 4501
 Date:  Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:10:34 +0100
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to boot m0n0wall on a Soekris 4501 from a Compact Flash
card.

I've tried copying the image onto the CF card using both gunzip/dd on
linux and physdiskwrite on Windows XP assuming that the problem was here.

But by accident I rebooted my computer (configured to boot from USB
device) and it ended up booting FreeBSD from the CF card placed in my
USB cardwriter.

I've tried 4 different CF cards (16M, 128M, 2x256M), older, new and beta
version of the m0n0wall image, upgrading the BIOS of the Soekris unit to
the newest version.

I've tried looking in the archives for a solution but did not find one.

What am I doing wrong?