[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Boot error on Soekris 4501
 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:01:56 +0000
Troels,

<troels at maansson dot com> writes
>Hi Neil,
>
>thanx for the quick reply - is this the right way for me to respond?
>Haven't used mailing lists before...

Not really.  You responded directly to me so the mailing list misses out
on your response.  You need to make sure replies go to
m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch.

The other thing that is preferred is bottom-posting - writing your
answer after the previous e-mail.  It makes it easier for someone to
follow the thread of the e-mails.

>I've tried the following images:
>net45xx-1.23.img
>net45xx-1.11.img
>net45xx-1.3b.img
>
>Question no. 2 is actually a good one - but maybe the FreeBSD detects
>my screen when present?
>
>No 3. yes I've attached a serial cable to the unit and monitored the
>boot process. It validates it's RAM and detects the CF card - then
>responds with "boot error".
>
>I experimented booting different devices from the serial console, but
>no luck either.
>

>I read some place about LBA and that this should possibly be enabled in
>the bios to write the CF in the correct format. But to be honest I
>don't know what it is and I could not find anything in my bios setup
>resembling such an option.
>
>- and thanx :)

OK, not having experience with the net4501 I can't really help any
further - I was hoping it was as simple as you selecting the wrong
image!

Hopefully someone else will offer some advice.

Regards,

                                Neil.