[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Issues
 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:39:56 -0000
> Lee Sharp wrote:
> > Peter Boosten wrote:
> >>
> >> I suggest you upgrade to 1.23. Version 1.22 had no problems either
> (with
> >> Radius).
> >
> > Not totally true.  There were some problems with CP redirect hangs,
> and
> > they seemed to be related to the php.core problem.  That is resolved,
> > along with an annoying log bug, in 1.23, so I would go there.

Hi All,

I installed a new device with a clean 1.24 installation and setup the
captive portal like thus :

WAN===m0n0===AP/Switch===AP/Switch=/\/=laptop

Everything worked fine. I could attach 5 laptops to the wifi, using both APs
and it all worked fine.

The issues reappeared as soon as i enabled the per-user traffic shaping.
Once that was enabled as soon as i sent a user/pass to the portal it stopped
sending me any traffic at all!

I could still reach the m0n0 admin interface, which showed that i was
sending traffic (the captive portal status page) but that no traffic was
being sent to me!

I've disabled that, and just turned on traffic shaping on the WAN interface,
which is good enough for now.

I'm not sure if it was my errors or a bug, but i thought it wise to report
what the issues i hit and what i've done as workaround.

Thanks,
Adam.