[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] "Installing" mono
 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:05:07 -0400
On 3/20/07, Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com> wrote:
> Absolutely correct. I've tried running Asterisk under VMware many times
> and the timing issues are simply unlivable. Much to my dismay... I
> actually found that Microsoft Virtual Server performs well with
> Asterisk... and did not suffer from the same issues...

In many circumstances this is more guest OS specific than
virtualization software specific. There are usually ways to fix this,
specific to the guest OS in use. In your specific case, your hardware
didn't have the timing issues in Virtual Server that it had in VMware.
Personally I've had a lot more timing issues with Virtual Server than
anything from VMware and I use VMware products a LOT more.

Personally I use VMware ESX for all production virtualization and
haven't had any timing issues at all with it, but that may be out of
the reach of people talking about using VMware Server or Virtual
Server.

-Chris