[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  "'Jonathan De Graeve'" <m0n0wall at esstec dot be>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Issues
 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:04:42 -0000
I'm not using radius, I'm using the local authentication.

1. I enable captive portal.
2. I add a user.
3. I upload 2 images and a .html.

It works.

4. I enable shaping to 8mbit/1mbit per user.

It breaks.

5. I disable shaping.

It works.

6. I enable shaping on the wan interface to 8mbit/1mbit.

It works.

I'm reasonably happy with that, we do want the wireless access to be fast to
encourage our fixed line customers to pay for faster connectivity, and I
suppose 8mbit on the pool is good enough for that!

Adam.