[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dean Lester <dclester at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Boot error on Soekris 4501
 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
> But I also
> don't think I've ever heard of anybody using the CF slot on a printer.
> I'm not familiar with how those work vs. the normal CF writers the
> rest of us use, that might be a problem.

Although I haven't used the CF slot on a printer to write the m0n0 image either, I've seen how they
work for other tasks.

The printer is USB-connected, and the card slots on the printer look just like any other CF reader
would. As a removable disk on Windows, or as /dev/sda... on linux. Should work the same, using
physdiskwrite or dd to the /dev/sda.

Good luck,
dean