[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Baity F" <holycarp00 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  brian dot mcentire at gmail dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Prioritizing VOIP with Traffic Shaper
 Date:  Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:22:19 -0700
For me, this hasn't seemed to fail me.  However, I may just have been lucky
not to have had many instances of uploads/downloads hogging at the same time
as a VOIP session (Viatalk and Vonage prior to Viatalk).

I use the Magic Shaper Wizard for the Traffic Shaper, trim out all the
download rules and pipes since I don't do inbound shaping, and add this rule
right above the m_Catch-All Upload Bulk rule.  Seems to work for me.

If           Proto  Source  Dest              Target
Description
WAN <-     *     OPT1     *     m_High Priority #3 Upload     <- My VOIP
Adapter