[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steven Casiello" <steven at casiello dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Installing m0n0wall on Neostation fitted with a DiskOnChip? DOC
 Date:  Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:19:39 +0100
Hello,

I'm attempting to get m0n0wall running on a Neostation thinclient fitted
with an 8MB M-Systems DiskOnChip.

I'm having great difficulty as the m0n0wall images provided on the m0n0wall
website do not contain the `fla` driver in the BSD kernel.

I've been reading through the m0n0wall mailing list and email a few people
one of which was find enough to provide me with an image with the necessary
driver but it was a 16MB image produced with Norton Ghost which is too big
for my 8MB DiskOnChip.

I'm a completely new to BSD (and all other UNIX based OS's).

I managed to install the v1.2 m0n0wall image to the DOC, but due to the lack
of the M-Systems "fla" DiskOnChip driver in the m0n0wall image I get the
following error when attempting to boot the system;

Can't find '/kernel'
/
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [kernel]...
Can't load 'kernel'
Can't load 'kernel.old'

Does anyone have a m0n0wall image with DiskOnChip support that they could
send my way? If not I'll give building my own image a try, but I think that
would will a little out of my league at the moment.

Thank in advance,
Steven C.