[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  "'Klaus Stock'" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: [m0n0wall-dev] Voucher support in captive portal
 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:14:07 +0100
> > Oh, this is great!
> >
> > Could it be added to 1.23 too?
>
> The official statement ist that 1.23 was the last vresion of that
> branch,
> anything new will be 1.3x.
>
> A daring programmre might of course try to patch the patch into the
> 1.23
> source code as well, resulting in a custom (inoffical) build. I have no
> idea
> how compatible the patch actually is to the 1.23 branch, though.
>
> I guess your best try would be to upgrade to 1.3x when it's ready,
> although
> this may result in high CPU usage, as far as I have heard.

We use WRAP devices, so I'm not too enthusiastic about putting 1.3x on them
at the moment!

I may well put 1.3x generic-pc into a vmware instance though, that might be
an acceptable workaround...

I'd guess there are a few other people who would like voucher-ability in
1.23 too... any volunteers? :)

Adam.