[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "MrDetermination" <mrd at mrdetermination dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  NokiaIP120: DHCP IP O.K. Can't ping Nokia or Host from Nokia.
 Date:  Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:43:40 -0500
Full hardware/resource list here:
http://forum.m0n0.ch/index.php/topic,104.0.html

^also: console session pastebin in last post

I've installed from scratch to CF card 3 times.  I've tried variations on
MAC addresses (spoofmac in xml) and assigning LAN to different ports.  I
have tried to spoofmac OPT1 and tried leaving OPT1 alone (in the xml).

Host -> Switch

Nokia -> Switch (uplink port)

m0n0 DHCP always assigns random IP from whichever port is assigned to LAN,
but m0n0/Nokia is not ping-able @192.168.1.1.  I can not ping the host from
the m0n0 console.

Have read these guides ad nauseum:

http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/nokia/ip110.html

http://socalfreenet.org/nokiaip110

I also read this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before
I sent the email.  I hope this was asking "The Smart Way".  I have exhausted
my resources and abilities.

Feel free to respond to mrd at mrdetermination dot com or in the thread linked at
the start of this message.  Thank you for your time/effort and have a great
day.

Regards,

Chip

AKA MrDetermination