[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Apply rules against IPsec Tunnels
 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:25:51 -0000
Hello All,

I did get round to producing a version of m0n0wall that can filter traffic
from IPSEC VPNs, based on 1.23.

It works by allowing you to apply interface rules outbound instead of the
usual inbound. I've modified the GUI to let you enter these rules and the
direction of the rule is displayed in the rule summary.

The modification is a bit of hack, as you need to put deny rules in to
control IPSEC traffic since it is permitted by default (the reverse of
normal traffic which is denied by default). I rather like the way that
pfsense is using the enc0 interface to filter IPSEC traffic as that fit
nicely into the existing model of how firewall rules are edited and
displayed.

If you would like to try this version send me a note and I'll email you the
image (Generic PC).

Kris.