[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Off Topic : FOSS security DVR system needed
 Date:  Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:11:16 -0500
Once again I am shamelessly imposing on the awesome depth and breadth of
knowledge on this list, and it is only tenuously related to m0n0wall.

Right now, we sell a service that can include a multi camera security
DVR system.  The user can connect to this camera from there home (or
vacation) Internet connection and see what is happening at the office.
Having m0n0wall helps, as the traffic shaper makes a big difference
here. :) (There is the connection)  Right now we are using Geovision,
and LuxRiot, and Windows is killing me!  Stability is a nightmare, and
telling people to constantly reboot the security system is not an option
I want to consider.  I would love to find a good stable Linux (or any
*nix) system I could remotely manage.  Please help me!  (Oh, and cost is
a consideration, but not the main one) Thanks,

			Lee