[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe LaGreca" <lagreca at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "Falcor" <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP odd problems
 Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:09:08 -0800
Ok, so another test of PPTP has more weird results.  I am connecting to the
same m0n0wall, but this time from the inside (my house) network.  Things
seem to work better than when connecting to it from work.  However some
things stopped working.  I was able to get to www.news.com and
www.slashdot.org fine, but www.sears.com would not work while connected via
PPTP.  As soon as I would disconnect it would work fine.  I did this a few
times and had consistent results with it not working.

Pings were fine the whole time though.  I got no packet loss.  Is there
something weird going on with PPTP and m0n0wall or is it just my computers?
In both cases the machines connecting to it were WinXP.  I dont have
anything else to try right now.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.