[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <brwatters at abs dash internet dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP Enable on M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:13:58 -0800
> Ok .. So I give .. I have Cacti working great however can not get it to
talk
> with M0n0 wall ..
> Do I need to config a rule on the WAN interface to allow UDP 161 to come
in?

Yes, sort of. I setup a NAT rule and a firewall rule.  Maybe not both
necessary, but it works :->.

1) Go to Firewall->NAT then on the Inbound tab, click '+' to add a new rule,
then enter it as:

protocol  UDP
ext port range 161
NAT IP (ext IP): 10.0.0.1
Int port range: 161

2) I can't remember if (1) created a rule which I modified, or I created the
rule myself. But it is as follows: Firewall->Rules. Under WAN interface add
a rule that is:

protocol: UDP
source: IP of computer polling yours (assuming an external computer!)
Port: *
Destination: 10.0.0.1
Port: 161

Hope this helps!