[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ZeroIP bridging to WAN interface?
 Date:  Sat, 7 Feb 2004 00:38:32 -0000
Ok, I think I have answered my own question regarding the number of used IP
addresses using m0n0wall as a packet filtering bridge. Should be one IP,
thanks Bruce
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=13&actionargs[]=25).

I suppose that is then two IPs in use from /29 leaving 4 usable ip
addresses:

1 - router interface
1 - m0n0wall bridged interfaces
4 - unused

Would have been better the other way as I should have been left with 5
usable addresses, but I can live with that. Please let me know if my logic
is flawed.

Still interested on any feedback about bridging a single ip to the wan
interface using DHCP from a router.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.