[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ZeroIP bridging to WAN interface?
 Date:  Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:19:00 +0100
David Cook wrote:

> Using an ADSL router with a Globespan Virata firmware, I have been
> attempting to pass the single WAN ip address to the WAN interface of
> m0n0wall using a ZeroIP bridge configuration on the router.

Can't you just put your ADSL router in RFC 1483 bridge mode and then
have m0n0wall do PPPoE on its WAN interface? That's the clean way of
getting that WAN IP address on your m0n0wall, and then you can do
whatever you want with your /29 subnet, like using 1:1 NAT or assigning
it to an optional interface.

- Manuel