[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Khaled Dakakni" <dakakas7 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  mono help
 Date:  Sun, 08 Feb 2004 12:42:49 +0000
anyone who can help me in 2 ways: either by configuring my xml file i have
attached and copied at the end of this mail  or by or by sending me his/her
xml configure file so i can view it and implement it -  here is the
information that might help you to figure out my problem

I have a net cafe of 30 pc's i use an ip Range of 192.168.0.1 till
192.168.0.254

I have over a 100 users outside my netcafe .. using a wireless
infrastructure my ip range starts at 192.168.0.50 till 192.168.0.254

My main server in which i have the download and upload from my isp passing
to it is 192.168.0.100 (fake)

I'm using 2 servers ... one which is the main (192.168.0.100) which uses a
firewall called Isa 2000 based on windows 2000 o/s AND the second one is
Mono which the ip is 192.168.0.254

And the ips for the isp is in my xml

** The problem is i dont know how to configure the mono to work on my
network and the shaper is not working with me .. as well as the nating - i
have reached a bit of progress but i've reached a dead end in my work.. I
need anyone with a close network formation to help me either by sending me
his/her file xml or by configuring my own.. really i've had mono for a 1
month, and i really need to use it. seriously if you had 100 ppl downloading
one file a day with no restrictions everything will go haywire .. so help :)
plz - i just need to limit my users with 64kbits download and 8kbits upload
and lock their mac addresses

here is the info for the xml file that

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <m0n0wall>
  <version>1.4</version>
- <system>
  <hostname>firewall</hostname>
  <domain>starnet.com</domain>
  <password>$1$2xGLA75j$W/jiJc00HYBZX7kFjxjQv0</password>
  <timezone>Asia/Beirut</timezone>
  <time-update-interval>300</time-update-interval>
  <timeservers>pool.ntp.org</timeservers>
- <webgui>
  <protocol>https</protocol>
  <port />