[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Questions Using Proxy ARP for DMZ
 Date:  Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:55:58 +0100
Peter Allgeyer wrote:

> Not really. Routing is the point. But as NAT seems to be performed before

I think that's what I was trying to say, but you can't really do it in a
clean way with a public IP range of xxx.yyy.189.2 - xxx.yyy.189.4 and
without losing any of them, can you? Maybe I'm missing something here.

> hostname hw_addr pub' hasn't such a restriction. What I would like to
> see, is a table hostname|hw_addr|description, so that I for myself can
> define what MAC address to use (needed for VRRP for example).

Yeah, but m0n0wall was never intended for such advanced stuff, and I
really don't want to complicate the webGUI any more. It's become
complicated enough because people are trying to use m0n0wall in all
kinds of weird setups that even most smaller commercial firewalls would
fail to cover.

- Manuel