[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Lemor <lemor at go2 dot pl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WIFI mac filtering and Client Security
 Date:  Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:13:23 +0100
Lemor wrote:

> 1. How may I set mac filtering via WIFI, and set control whitch
> wireless clients can connect to MONO like in STANDARD AP?

I'm afraid this isn't possible in m0n0wall (I think? At least not yet,
the reason, if I understood correctly, has to do with some component of
m0n0wall not supporting this feature, and thus we'll have to wait for
this component to get it, before m0n0wall can have it.)

> 2. In For exaple Dlink AP1000+ is theexcelent option Client Security,
> and wireless client can't seen other wireless client, and can seen
> gateway, mayby this is posible to do in mono?

I think this is what my D-Link (DI-714P+) used to call "Shared Access",
which is a WEP thing. This is also not supported by the wireless
component used in m0n0wall (I think?), so I guess we'll have to wait for
this as well.

Like you, I'd love to have these features as well, since WEP is not very
secure, especially when runing in "Open Access" mode :(

However, since m0n0wall is so great in all other aspects (and since my
D-Link crashed every hour or so, when at all working) I'll choose the
lower security any day :)

Adam.