[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Roberto Pereyra <rjpereyra at gualeguaychu dot gov dot ar>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] traffic shapper in pb21r560
 Date:  Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:48:32 +0100
Hi Roberto,

While I'm no expert, I do have a rather elaborate shaper setup. I'm not
sure if it all works, but believe I can feel the difference (my setup
isn't as much about limiting bandwith, as prioritising certain things
over other).

To do what you want, I'd guess the following is needed (assuming your
NAT and firewall rules are otherwise working with the shaper turned off):

- 2 pipes, each allowing 64Kbit/s, NO mask.
- 2 queues, NO mask, each using a separate pipe.
- 2 rules (on the interface you want to limit, are you sure it is LAN
you want, not WAN?) One rule for each direction, each a separate queue.

If this doesn't work, try making the rules go directly to each of the
two pipes instead, bypassing the queues (there have been some reports of
queues not working properly?)

Hope this helps? Make sure to post your results :)

Adam.