[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "BaitFish" <holycarp00 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple Dynamic External Addresses - How to Assign to Internal Clients? (w/o NAT)
 Date:  Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:36:49 -0800
I've been trying my best to research this one before posting but feel I've hit a wall.  I want
m0n0wall (wonderful program BTW) to act as a firewall/shaper only.  Yes, I've read that I should
Enable Advanced Outbound NAT to turn NAT off but that still doesn't allow my internal clients to
obtain their dynamic external IP.  192.168.x.x is still assigned by m0n0wall on
release/renew/reboot/etc.  My cable modem will dole out up to 7 IP's so I'd rather use those since
they're available instead of NAT and the small inconveniences it can cause.  I'm loving m0n0wall!
Thanks MK!