[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cooper" <david underscore cooper at elwyn dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Potential feature requests: Reverse Nat and Routing Protocols
 Date:  Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:11:52 -0500
Is there a way to get M0n0wall to "Reverse NAT". This means that NAT takes
public requests and uses NAT to translate them to the internal network as
itself. This allowed the use of more than one firewall in a network, without
having to change the gateway address.

In my particular case I have M0n0wall as a second firewall leading into my
network. I have an internal service 1:1 'NATed' and then port rules. I had
to change the servers gateway, and then add routes to M0n0wall router to
complete the access to the internal subnets. It would be much simpler to
just use Reverse NAT to fix the problem.

Also are there any plans to implement routing protocols, like RIP v2.

Thanks!

PS: Many thanks to Manuel and many others for all the work they put in to
the project!!!