[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mono help
 Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:10:07 +1000
Hi Khaled,

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 22:42, Khaled Dakakni wrote:
> anyone who can help me in 2 ways: either by configuring my xml file i have
> attached and copied at the end of this mail  or by or by sending me his/her
> xml configure file so i can view it and implement it -  here is the
> information that might help you to figure out my problem
>
> I have a net cafe of 30 pc's i use an ip Range of 192.168.0.1 till
> 192.168.0.254
>
> I have over a 100 users outside my netcafe .. using a wireless
> infrastructure my ip range starts at 192.168.0.50 till 192.168.0.254

These IPs are using part of the network that the LAN users use - how is
the WiFi network attached to the wired network?

> My main server in which i have the download and upload from my isp passing
> to it is 192.168.0.100 (fake)

This address cannot work without a LOT of work as it is in the middle of
your LAN address range.

Or is this an internal server on your network, and not at your ISP -
your wording is rather confusing.

> I'm using 2 servers ... one which is the main (192.168.0.100) which uses a
> firewall called Isa 2000 based on windows 2000 o/s AND the second one is
> Mono which the ip is 192.168.0.254

OK.  So it is an internal server.  Fine.

Why are you running 2 different firewalls on the same network, and what
else do they connect to?  Which machines use which firewall for what
services?

> And the ips for the isp is in my xml

It'd be easier to actually list all relevant information in one place -
easier for people to read it all here than part here, and the rest in an
attachment.

> ** The problem is i dont know how to configure the mono to work on my
> network and the shaper is not working with me .. as well as the nating - i
> have reached a bit of progress but i've reached a dead end in my work.. I
> need anyone with a close network formation to help me either by sending me
> his/her file xml or by configuring my own.. really i've had mono for a 1
> month, and i really need to use it. seriously if you had 100 ppl downloading
> one file a day with no restrictions everything will go haywire .. so help :)
> plz - i just need to limit my users with 64kbits download and 8kbits upload
> and lock their mac addresses

What are you actually trying to achieve?  How is the WiFi network
connected to the wired network?  The WiFi and wired network - according
to your figures above - are overlapping IP addresses.  This is not
generally good, depending on how your network is physically configured,
and this is something you have not told us.

Without knowing how your nwetwork is - or will be - physically
configured, I'd dare say we'd just all be guessing.

Please let us know enough information to actually be able to help you -
and also, don't you think it'd be better to learn HOW to do this than to
just have it done and have no idea why/what's been done?

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/