[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  generic-pc-pb27r630.img corrupt?
 Date:  Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:29:00 +1000
Hi All,

This is the second time I have seen this issue - the first was when
trying to update to the pb26r610 image (the installed image (pb25r595)
was an ftp-upload only, this was the first image that allowed for http
firmware uploads).

What happens is that I download the image then try to upload it and get
the following error:

The following input errors were detected:

      * The image file is corrupt.

Of course, I cannot proceed from here.

When this first happened, I followed Manuel's advice and removed the HDD
from the system and did a manual update - re-imaging the hard drive.
However, I don't want to have to do this with every new m0n0wall version
- and it seems that is what's happening (for some reason).

So, anyone else seen this issue, and does anyone have a suggestion for
what I can look at to see what's causing the issue?

As before, I have run "gunzip -S .img generic-pc-pb2xrxyz.img" on the
file and it unzips without error.  Same result last time, too.

The image files were downloaded on an Arch Linux system running Mozilla
Firebird 0.7 and were attempted to be uploaded on the same system.
Trying the same thing on a Windows XP Pro system with MSIE - downloading
and uploading - results in the exact same error.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/